The Parker Women’s Club (PWC) offers one or more college scholarship(s) each year to graduating High School Seniors who reside in the City of Parker, Texas and will continue their education at an accredited college or university of higher education are eligible.
The Parker Women’s Club will award at least one scholarship each year (total number awarded and amount awarded depends on number of qualified applicants that are chosen). This is a merit based scholarship ONLY for residents of Parker, TX that will be attending an accredited college or university of higher education.
Application Package must include the following information:
- Application Form: typed or printed legibly with all informational boxes completed
- Resume: Include education, honors, awards, leadership, extracurricular activities, community service, volunteer work, and work experience
- Character Reference – Parker Resident: At least 1 character reference from adult citizen (other than relative or guardian) residing in the City of Parker. Please instruct them to include their physical address.
- Character Reference – School or Employer: At least 1 character reference from teacher, counselor, principal or employer (other than relative or guardian) on official letterhead providing physical address
- Transcript: Official Stamped High School Transcript (sent by school via email or US Mail or in sealed enveloped if delivered by applicant) OR notarized if home school
- Essay: Typed and formatted essay ranging 500 to 750 words. Please discuss the following: What are your future goals? What traits do you possess that will enhance your education or future career? Explain something that made a big impact in or throughout your life.
Return Completed Package to:
Melinda Marshall, Scholarship Chair
4004 Sycamore Lane, Parker, TX 75002